LOOKING FOR BOARD MEMBERS!
Are you interested in the environment and empowering communities? Then we want you on our team!
Green Teams of Canada engages Canadians in hands-on environmental action projects (in parks). These opportunities encourage people to: learn how climate change impacts them, increase biodiversity locally, gain a sense of community and belonging, get off their screens and connect to nature, which we believe leads to climate positive action. We are in a stage of growth and are looking to enhance our current volunteer board.
As someone who is truly interested in supporting the growth of this charity, you are excited about the opportunity to devote time and energy to supporting our strategic direction.
While we are seeking any individuals who have interest in our organizational mission, we are ideally looking for those with expertise in the areas listed below:
- Law: Provide guidance with a legal eye
- Fundraising: Provide guidance in a fundraising plan, be an ambassador by helping us connect to funders and support staff with fundraising
- Strategy development – to help lead strategic and operational planning
- Prepare for (1-2 hours) and attend board meetings (2-3 hours) every other month (virtually or in person). 6 Board meeting a year.
- An additional 8-10 hours a month doing board and board committee work
Benefits of being on this board:
- Give back by sharing your talents and skills and help us grow
- Expand your own professional and personal networks
- Learn new skills, ideas, and opportunities for your own work
- Strengthen your project and team management skills
- Become a mentor and coach
- Learn how a charity runs
- Be part of taking Green Teams of Canada to the next level!
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter, detailing your specific interest in the organizations mission and your potential contribution, and up to date resume in a single word or PDF file to Lyda@GreenTeamsCanada.ca Please be sure to include “Board Interest” in the subject line. This posting will remain open until all spaces are filled.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the Green Teams of Canada.
- Build our media and outreach contact database
- Post green team activities on online calendars
- Contact media with details about upcoming activities
- Run a green team table at festivals and environmental events
- Provide Communications Plan input
- Post on our social media accounts
- Build our funder database
- Provide Fundraising Plan input
- Research new funding avenues
- Create and do presentations at schools about the importance of taking care of our environment
- Provide input on green team educational materials
- Help run green team activities (unpack and pack green team activity supplies, supervise, sign participants in, educate about invasive species identification and removal techniques and native specie planting)
- Take photos of volunteers in action
- Take before and after photos at green team activities
We are flexible regarding time commitment for each opportunity
If you have the required skill set and can bring time and humour for a board position or other volunteer positions, please send your resume to Lyda@GreenTeamsCanada.ca