Bowker Creek Monteith Street November 17, 2019
The Greater Victoria Green Team with help from a student group at the University of Victoria organized an invasive plant removal activity in Bowker Creek at Moneith Street in Oak Bay! We removed one of the last large patches of English Ivy from the area, as well as invasive clematis and girdled an invasive hawthorn and holly, plus staked some native Dogwood shrubs!
Thank-you to everyone for participating: Chris, Dariel, Cody, Megan, Danya, Erin, Camille, Gillian, Austin, Breanna, Lea, Doreen, Isabel, Kurt, Riley, Jill Soren and Gillian.
Thank-you very much to the District of Oak Bay for contributing funds to this activity and making it possible for us to engage community the care of your parks!
Thank to the Gerald, the representative from the Friends of Bowker Creek Monteith Street for hosting us and for the informative walk and talk along Bowker Creek!
- In total, 18 volunteers participated and contributed 56 hours!
- We removed 3 cubic metres of invasive plants from an area measuring approximately 100 square metres
- We introduced 15 volunteers to this area!
- We introduced 7 volunteers to removing English Ivy!
- Check out the video we made on YOUTUBE HERE
Before and After photos
Volunteers in Action