Routley Park Nov 6 2019
Township of Langley (Eric). Partnering with our charity made this activity possible and gave youth the opportunity to learn about how climate change impacts local parks and what they can do about it!
Amazing Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers:
Adelina, Aryan, Ashley, Ava, Brea, Breanna, Brianna, Chantal, Christina, Connor, Danielle, Dean, Eden, Elta, Emma S., Emma D., Eugene, Fraser, Hayley, Jesse, Jessica, Kaden, Kai, Keelie, Keith, Louiss, Luck, Maddie, Marti, Mason, Matthew, Mia, Nathan, Owen, Reese, Robin, Sabrina, Sammy, Stephanie, Thomas, Tiana, Travis
- 47 volunteers contributed 117 hours
- 22 cubic meters of invasive Himalayan Blackberry, Evergreen Blackberry and Morning Glory was removed! Whoa, that’s a lot.
- 41 of the 47 volunteers visited Routley park for the first time
- 41 volunteers removed invasive plants for the very first time!
- Langley Secondary School participated
- Brookswood Secondary School participated
- One volunteer came because her daughter volunteers with the Greater Victoria Green Team!
- Noticed a sweet moment between a teen and a ladybug (they were carefully moving it away from the work site)
- Yummy home made invasive plant shaped sugar cookies were gobbled up
What Volunteers Said