Colwood Creek at Brookes June 13, 2019
The Greater Victoria Green Team organized a youth-focused activity along Colwood Creek beside Brookes Westshore School in Colwood!
Thank-you to everyone for participating: the teachers and students from Brookes Westshore school! Plus community volunteers: Betty, Christine, Connie, Jiyu, Marta, Penghui, Rob, Sitong, Steve, Yuky and Yumeng.
Thank you very much to Brookes Westshore School for partnering with the Green Teams. Thank you for recognizing the importance of collaboration and partnership! Your support made it all possible.
Thank you to our in-kind sponsors for providing thank-you gifts to our volunteers: LUSH for providing natural perfume, West Coast Seeds, and dog poop bags from Earth Rated!! Granola bars were donated by the awesome Nature’s Path
- 55 volunteers participated and contributed 73 volunteer hours!
- 11 volunteers had never been to this site before
- 11 volunteers had never removed Spurge-laurel before
- We removed 10 cubic metres of invasive plants
- We cleared an area of habitat approx. 300 square metres
Before and After photos