Esquimalt Gorge Park June 11, 2019
The Greater Victoria Green Team organized a youth-focused activity in Esquimalt Gorge Park with students from Esquimalt Highschool and local community members!
Thank-you to everyone for participating: Mr. Clark Schwab and his Grade 9 science students, plus our GVGT volunteers: Connie, Jiyu, Hu, Kemal and Sally!
Thank you very much to the Township of Esquimalt for partnering with the Green Teams. Thank you for recognizing the importance of collaboration and partnership! Your support made it all possible.
Thank you to our in-kind sponsors for providing thank-you gifts to our volunteers: LUSH for providing natural perfume, West Coast Seeds, and dog poop bags from Earth Rated!! Granola bars were donated by the awesome Nature’s Path
- 41 volunteers participated and contributed 44 volunteer hours!
- 8 volunteers had never been to Esquimalt Gorge Park before
- 22 volunteers had never removed blackberry before
- We removed 4 cubic metres of Himalayan Blackberry
- We cleared an area of habitat approx. 100 square metres
Before and After photos